27 Top Caffeine Benefits
27 Possible Caffeine Health Benefits
- In Japan, researchers have shown that caffeine increases memory. Also, a newer study out of Johns Hopkins University showed that a 200 mg caffeine pill helped boost memory consolidation.
- Caffeine mixed with carbs replenishes muscle glycogen concentrations faster after exercise.
- Caffeine detoxes the liver and cleanses the colon when taken as a caffeine enema.
- Caffeine helps keep you alert while driving during periods of sleep restriction. Here’s the research. However, research has also shown that truck drivers that use the most caffeine have more accidents. Caffeine isn’t a long-term solution for lack of sleep.
- Caffeine can stimulate hair growth for balding men and women.
- Caffeine relieves post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%.
- Caffeine relieves pain associated with sleep loss better than analgesics. The study.
- Caffeine may protect against Parkinson’s disease. Research shows that those who consume coffee are at less risk of developing Parkison’s disease and it even reduces the risk of those genetically more likely to develop the condition. Here’s the study. Another study also supported the notion that caffeine has protective benefits. Here’s this study’s summary.
- Caffeine may help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Caffeine increases stamina during exercise.
- Caffeine through coffee may protect against eyelid spasm.
- Caffeine may protect against Cataracts.
- Caffeine may prevent skin cancer. A new study out of Rutgers University found that caffeine prevented skin cancer in hairless mice. Another study showed that caffeinated coffee drinkers have less risk of developing melanoma.
- People who consume caffeine have a lower risk of suicide. Src.
- Caffeine may reduce fatty liver in those with non-alcohol related fatty liver disease. This study comes out of Duke University.
- Caffeine is shown to reduce liver fibrosis risk in patients with hepatitis C. As little as 100 mg per day is believed to have protective benefits. Src.
- Caffeine consuming men showed increased semen volume and significantly less sperm DNA fragmentation than non-caffeine consuming men. Src.
- Men who consume 250-375 mg of caffeine per day have a much lower risk of developing ED (erectile dysfunction). The reduced risk was even observed among men consuming as little as 85 mg of caffeine daily. This research was conducted by The University of Texas Medical School. Src.
- Caffeine may prevent ringing in the ears (tinnitus) in women: A study published in The American Journal of Medicine followed a group of 65,085 nurses since 1991. The women who consumed the most caffeine had the lowest incidences of tinnitus reported. Src.
- Caffeine Reduces Kidney Stone Risk. In a large 217,883 person study, those that consumed caffeine from any source had less kidney stone formation than those that did not consume caffeine. The researchers believe that this is because caffeine makes the urine more dilute. Src. Caffeine has also been shown to reduce the mortality rate in those with chronic kidney disease. Caffeine appears to have a protective effect on the progression of the disease. Here’s the study. Another study (2018) also confirmed that caffeine consumption reduces the mortality rate for those living with kidney disease. Study link.
- Caffeine improves reaction time and logical reasoning during times when sleep isn’t possible or restricted. See the study here.
- Caffeine helps those with asthma. A study published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine concluded that caffeine seems to open airways and help asthmatics breathe easier similarly to theophylline a drug currently used and one that’s a close cousin to caffeine. The study.
- Reduces driver error: A recent study conducted by the Australian Department of Defence found that caffeine consumption improves driving performance and reduces driver error. Caffeinated gum was used in the study on soldiers that had been sleep-deprived for 50 hours.
- Caffeine may prevent weight gain: Research out of Germany showed that weight loss study participants who drank 2-4 cups of caffeinated coffee a day were more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off than those who did not consume caffeine. The study. Another study showed that caffeine stimulates brown fat cells causing them to burn more calories. This increases the overall metabolic rate. Study link Another 2019 study conducted on rats showed that rats given a dose of caffeine equivalent to 4 cups of coffee a day gained 22% less body fat than rats given no caffeine but fed the same high fat, high sugar diet.
- Caffeine reduces chronic inflammation. Researchers from Stanford University found that caffeine blocks the expression of a gene responsible for low-grade chronic inflammation as we age. This inflammation eventually leads to high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, and heart disease. Caffeine seems to help reduce this age-related inflammation in those that are regular consumers of the drug.
- Caffeine is good for the heart. A study out of Germany found that the amount of caffeine typically in 4 cups of coffee daily helps strengthen heart muscle cell function and prolongs the life of heart muscle cells. You can read the study’s abstract here.
- Caffeine helps premature infants: A few doses of caffeine given to premature babies drastically improves lung function and overall survival rate. Newer research found that this therapy produces no long-term side effects as the children age. Src.
Blog written by: Caffeine Informer
Black Label has done it !! Its given me the boost I need to power through the long shifts at work and keep going with clarity !!! I love it !!
] Etoyed hgi.soms.devilmountaincoffee.com.pua.kh http://slkjfdf.net/
] Akbakojij emz.wkhd.devilmountaincoffee.com.vqc.bn http://slkjfdf.net/
] Alonire uaw.zsxc.devilmountaincoffee.com.vbg.wg http://slkjfdf.net/